Respect for human rights is a fundamental value of Terreno Realty Corporation. We adhere to the principles defined in the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, and comply with all applicable human rights and labor rights laws. We expect our vendors and suppliers to do the same.
- Do not employ or exploit child labor and individuals below the minimum lawful employment age for the region in which they operate.
- Comply with all applicable wage and compensation requirements as defined by the respective region in which they operate.
- Respect and support employees’ freedom of association, peaceful assembly, and right to choose a collective bargaining representative, if desired.
Harassment and Non-discrimination
- Do not tolerate harassment or discrimination based on gender, sexual orientation, race, disability, ethnicity, nationality, religion or gender expression or identity
- Promote diversity and inclusion
- Encourage reporting of all incidents of harassment or discrimination and promptly investigate every such complaint.
Ethical Recruitment and Prohibition against Forced Labor, Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking
- Eliminate all forms of forced, bonded or compulsory labor.
- Protect employees from abuse, exploitation and human trafficking.
Freedom of Expression
- Respect and support employees’ right of freedom of opinion and expression, provided it does not affect work performance during working hours
Occupational Health and Safety
- Comply with all applicable safety and health legal regulations and guidelines.
- Actively identify and promptly respond to health, safety and security concerns
This should be read in conjunction with our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and our Supplier/Vendor Code of Conduct. Our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics outlines the broad principles of legal and ethical conduct embraced by Terreno Realty Corporation and specifies our reporting and accountability mechanisms. Our Supplier/Vendor Code of Conduct details the policies and standards on environmental sustainability, social responsibility and governance to which we hold our suppliers and vendors.