Terreno Realty Corporation operates in an ethical, environmentally sustainable and socially responsible manner. We believe in supporting our communities and honoring the laws and regulations where we operate.
We expect and encourage our suppliers and vendors to operate in a manner and with the standards whereby their products and services reduce environmental and social impacts:
- Adhere to all environmental laws and regulations and acquire environmental permits and registrations where required
- Monitor environmental performance, maximize efficiency, and make continual efforts to reduce energy and water consumption and carbon emissions
- Handle all materials, including chemicals and hazardous materials safely throughout their life cycle, including recycling, reuse or disposal
- Prohibit or restrict the use of hazardous or illegal substances in products according to applicable laws and regulations, such as recycling and disposal regulations
- Incorporate sustainably sourced materials when available
- Monitor, control and treat air emissions prior to discharge where required
- Reduce environmental pollution and resource consumption and advance environmental sustainability of their operations.
Labor Rights and Human Rights Standards
- Follow all laws governing wages and working hours, including laws related to child labor, minimum age requirements, fair compensation, benefits and overtime.
- Provide a secure, safe and healthy working environment free of discrimination, harassment, intimidation and retaliation.
- Provide employees the right to freedom of association and the right to choose a collective bargaining representative, if desired, without fear of retaliation
- Promote a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees, suppliers and customers.
- Eliminate all forms of forced, bonded or compulsory labor.
- Protect employees from all forms of abuse and exploitation.
- Identify and prevent modern slavery and human trafficking in operations.
- Comply fully with all applicable laws and regulations, including proper financial documentation.
- Maintain honest and ethical business conduct
- Maintain zero tolerance towards corruption, money laundering, illegal payments, bribery, extortion or embezzlement.
- Respect and safeguard business and personal information and data to ensure privacy among employees and customers
Terreno Realty Corporation expects its suppliers and vendors to conduct business in a manner aligned with our standards outlined in our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, located on our Corporate Governance page, and our Supplier / Vendor Code of Conduct policy statement. Terreno Realty Corporation reserves the right to audit or terminate its relationship with any supplier or vendor who fails to comply with the above outlined standards.