As acquirers, owners and operators of industrial real estate, we recognize the impact that our properties can have on the environment, and are committed to sustainability within our portfolio and environmental awareness among employees, suppliers and customers.
We specifically commit to:
- Invest in existing infill properties rather than newly developed greenfield properties thereby reducing the destruction of previously undeveloped greenfield locations
- Invest in infill locations in close proximity to major ports and population centers, reducing vehicle miles travelled to and from our properties
- Perform due diligence to manage potential environmental risks at our properties, including environmental reviews by independent environmental consultants
- Reduce energy consumption and carbon emissions in our portfolio through upgrading existing facilities with energy efficient lighting and HVAC systems
- Recycle the majority of building materials from existing buildings during redevelopment and focus on modern design solutions to reduce the impact on the environment
- Reduce water consumption in our portfolio through investing in water saving solutions
- Reduce the total amount of waste generated and improve recycling and waste diversion rates for our headquarters, our operating portfolio and during redevelopment projects.
- Minimize environmental pollution resulting from our portfolio and redevelopment projects through recycling and proper wastewater and solid waste disposal
- Promote sustainable procurement of materials, including materials that are recycled, have sustainability certifications and are locally sourced.
- Training and encouraging our employees to conduct their activities in an environmentally friendly and sustainable manner
Additionally, we encourage our suppliers and customers to hold similar commitments.